If thinking about the holidays conjures up feelings of anxiety and stress- you’re not alone. This time of year, our to-do lists are infinite and our obligations are plenty. While it may be the season of “giving”, we often leave giving to ourselves out of the equation. It’s important to prioritize your own health and well-being during this chaotic time of year. Follow these stress-busting tips below and you’ll be able to ring in the New Year with a sense of accomplishment and your sanity still intact.
- Make time for the people who energize you, not deplete you. Remind yourself that it’s OK to say “No,” to last minute requests; such as holiday parties and commitments that don’t bring you joy. Instead, invest your time in engagements that help you relax, laugh and catch up with the people who matter most to you.
- Keep your mind clutter-free by making daily and weekly agendas to prioritize your to-do’s. Keep lists of purchases you need to make such as gifts and groceries for particular occasions. Removing as much as possible from your brain and putting it on paper will clear your mind and ensure that you aren’t making any last minute runs due to forgetfulness.
- Try natural remedies such as our Hi-Memory formula- which enhances clear thinking, supports memory function and combats stress. Bacopa, the active herb, naturally calms and focuses your brain for improved cognitive functioning. Herbal teas and essential oils can also help you keep your cool.
- Commit to a daily meditation or deep breathing practice, even if you can only fit in 5-10 minutes per day. Taking deep, mindful breaths works wonders for calming your mind and body while returning your focus to the present moment so you can make clear decisions and take meaningful action. Download our FREE meditation guide and 5-minute audio meditation by opting-in to our newsletter at the top of this page!
- Remind yourself daily what matters. The holidays are all about your faith, family and reflection. Set 3 realistic, meaningful goals to accomplish this month and let the others take a back seat. On December 31st you should be able to look back upon the month and feel confident that you accomplished the tasks that mattered most and brought you the most joy.